Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Don't Forget

God is always working. Sometimes in ways that are very obvious, some that are not. Do you know that feeling you have when you're not as close to God as you should be. Maybe it is in a moment or maybe for a long period of time. But the feeling is the same, sort of dry, empty, lost, confused...

I have been hit and miss the past month or so. I have had a lot going on. I just transferred into a new University, new job, new responsibilities at the church. Although, I know my heart has been right with God, I have just felt the passion coming and going. Almost by the hour. I know God works through me, but does he use my passion??

There is a person, who I have met through one of my classes. A "new" friend. "Hey whats up man?" "Hey dude, how ya doin?" That had been pretty much the extend of our conversation, until this day. I had been studying for the class in a lounge near by when my new friend came walking in. We small talked, no big deal. I had been feeling a little down that day. Until, we took our friendship to the next level. (Get the mind back on track...) MUSIC! Musicians always seem to find each other, and we did as well. He started talking about his drum playing and I commented back on my guitar playing and singing. We went back and forth about programming software, favorite bands, equipment we use. This was cool and all, except I knew that God had put him there for a reason. But, because of the lack of passion at the time, I simply ignored it and moved on with my life.

To make a long two week story short, my rotation band and TrueNorth Church had been needing a drummer. (We have weeks of gigs scheduled over the summer and no drummer to play in them...)

This is where my new theory comes into the game...

What if...when we [God's children] are feeling down, and we feel like we have lost our passion for Christ and his Kingdom. (I think this is so cool!) What if God takes some of our passion, not our belief and love for him, but just our passion and gives it away to those who are around us? Do you get it? Even when we are not FEELING God using us, he could be "cloning" our feeling of passion and putting back into someone else! Someone that might not have ever had it, or maybe even someone who has just lost their way. Like taking skin from someone's back to replace a wound on their face. God uses our pure love for He and His Kingdom and rubs it off on others around us!

After asking this new drummer if he would be interested in trying out for our band sometime, and he agreeing, I get a phone call from a friend who was more than excited. The phone call went something like this..."I can't believe he is playing drums for you...in church! I have been praying for him for so many years now. This is SUCH an answered prayer!" Throughout the conversation I find that our new drummer friend has had a difficult past, and that he had been turned away from church because of situations in his past. (Not going into the details...) The person who called me on the phone had literally helped raise him as a child and saw his downfall years ago, and has been praying ever since. God has used the abilities He has given me, once again, to further His Kingdom and to reach the lost. Even the lost who had purposely strayed away. I cannot describe the feeling. Thank you God.

My point is this...

Don't ever forget that God loves you.
Don't ever forget his power.
Don't ever forget that people around you are watching.
Don't ever forget that God is always watching.
Don't ever forget that lost people matter, because they are people too.
Don't ever forget that God loves the lost, just as He loves us.
Don't ever forget that God uses us.
Don't ever forget your passion.
and Don't ever forget your purpose.

1 comment:

Gene said...

Good job, Bubba! Thanks for sharing your heart.